Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Wizard CSV Files
 Wizard Forum : Wizard CSV Files
Subject Topic: WFA ratings! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
GiE

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 4:03am | IP Logged Quote GiE

help plz  

in the .csv file there are are base ratings listed next to them are WFA ratings

which ones should i use?

does it matter?

if the base rating is (say) 55 and the WFA rating 57 what does this tell me?

Back to Top View GiE's Profile Search for other posts by GiE Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

aworthyone

Posted: 09 January 2013 at 12:04pm | IP Logged Quote aworthyone

Hey GiE,

I use the CSV files for all my form analsysis and run pretty comprehensive macros across the whole sheet to get a final output sheet that I like to work with. Having said that, I personally use the WFA (weight for age adjusted) figure. Then I sort the values for each race on this column and then do my form analysis based on the horses that fall with 2.5 of the highest rated value for each race. You'll find a fair number of winners falling within this range. Then you do your more comprehensive analysis of BP, jockey, pace, distance etc. As far as I know these values are similar to the Don Scott system of deriving ratings values for horses from previous runs. Much too complex to go into here but they do work well. This is just my way of doing form analysis that might not suit everyone. Hope this helps and good luck finding winners.

Magicman

Back to Top View aworthyone's Profile Search for other posts by aworthyone Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Geejay

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 11:40pm | IP Logged Quote Geejay

My understanding is that the base rating is the rating on the day and the WFA rating allows for natural improvement based on age to todays race. 

So if a horse got a 45 (base rating) rating in February a year ago as a two year old then was racing in January this year it should have natural improvement of around 9 kgs. So if all conditions were the same we expect the horse to get a 54 rating today.

So when assessing todays race it makes sense to use the WFA rating in the horses history without the need to consider natural improvement.

Hope that helps and this information is accurate

Back to Top View Geejay's Profile Search for other posts by Geejay Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version