A key statistic in horse race betting is the success rate enjoyed by individual trainers and jockeys, and importantly, when they have combined in the past.
This Jockey/Trainer report shows the success rates of individuals and combinations over the past 12 months when the horses started at odds of 10/1 or less.
Each element of this report shows
- Sts - number of starters
- W% - win percentage
- MP% - minor place (2nd, 3rd) percentage
Highlighted in this report are the statistics for:
- Starting price favourites
- All starters, in all regions, over the past 12 months
- Track – the racetrack on which the coming race will take place
- Region – the region (metropolitan / non-metropolitan) in which the coming meeting is to be held
- Distance – stats for those races whose distance was +/- 10% of the distance of the coming race
- Good – stats recorded when the track was firm to good
- Wet – stats recorded when the track was soft to heavy
- Horse – record with the horse contesting the race
The Wizard Jockey/Trainer reports allows for a quick answer to the question … How successful (good) has this jockey, trainer, combination been over the past 12 months when racing under similar circumstances?
The Wizard Jockey/Trainer reports reflect different time periods, different odds ranges, and different localities (metro, non-metro).
The Wizard Jockey/Trainer reports focus on the past 12 months, a time period that recognizes the importance of recency but is sufficient to produce a meaningful amount of data.
There are two sets of data (and therefore two reports) covering the jockey/trainer combinations in terms of odds.
One report shows the records of the individuals, and in combination, irrespective of starting price odds.
There is a second Jockey/Trainer report that shows the success rates of individuals and jockey/trainer combinations when the starting price odds are 10/1 or less. The stats in this restricted odds report can be seen as more meaningful when the jockey, trainer, and the combination, have a runner expected to start in this significant odds range.